a few snippets of wisdom i’ve managed to pick up along the way:
- never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. you might wake up tomorrow and find that what you put off today is no longer available to you.
- it’s true what they say, this is not a rehearsal.
- pay attention. and when you get old and forgetful, take notes.
- never refuse the offer of a breath mint. (think about it.)
- be here now. i mean right here, right now. there is no other where or when.
- as joe jackson said, “it’s oh so nice to get advice, but oh so hard to do.” just because i might know these things, doesn’t mean i’ve followed any of my own advice.
- may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
i sincerely hope there is more wisdom that in my 50+ years i’ve managed to accrue. but i didn’t take my own advice and didn’t take notes. maybe more bon mots will come to me later…..